Organic crop in 2012
Organic cereals in 2012
- The total amount of organic cereal produced was 83 million kilos. This is 2.2% of Finland's entire cereal production.
- The organic wheat harvest was 15.3 million kilos, i.e. 1.7% of the entire wheat production.
- The organic rye harvest was 5.1 million kilos, i.e. 7.8% of the entire rye production.
- The organic barley harvest was 6.6 million kilos, i.e. 0.4% of the entire barley production.
- The organic oat harvest was 38.6 million kilos, i.e. 3.5% of the entire oat production.
- 10.7% of organic cereal area was harvested as green cereal.
Organic protein plants
- The amount of organic mixed crops (legumes + cereal) was 12.7 million kilos, nearly three million kilos more than last year.
- The organic broad bean harvest was 3.4 million kilos, i.e. 15.9% of the entire broad bean production.
- The organic pea harvest was 1.4 million kilos, i.e. 16.3% of the entire pea production.
Production of organic cereals
organic farms, crops, yields
- Organic cereals still account for only a small share of the harvest (18.12.2012)
- Production of organic protein increases (28.02.2012)
- Organic broad beans gain ground (30.06.2010)
- Production of organic grain declines in Finland (24.06.2009)