Organic crop in 2013
- The total harvest for 2013 – 90 million kilos – was 10% higher than in 2012, which accounts for 2.2 per cent of the total cereals harvest in Finland.
- One-half, some 46 million kilos of the cereal harvest, was oats. The production of oats increased by 7 million kilos.
- The production of wheat decreased by two million kilos to 13 million kg.
- The production of barley came to 12 million kilos, double year-on-year.
- The production of rye decreased to four million kilos, i.e. by a million kilos.
Organic protein plants
- The harvest of mixed crops (protein plant + cereal) totalled 11 million kilos, two million kilos less year-on-year.
- The production of broad beans increased to almost 4 million kilos.
- The production of peas at 1.6 million kilos increased slightly over the previous year.
organic farms, crops, yields