Cereals purchased, used and stockpiled by industry and trade, 2014
During the year 2014:
- Industry and traders purchased a total of 2.2 billion kilos of cereals and 40 million kilos of rape and turnip rape from farms.
- The amounts purchased from farms included 920 million kilos of barley, 660 million kilos of wheat, 620 million kilos of oats and 44 million kilos of rye.
- A total of 1.4 billion kilos of Finnish and imported cereals were used by relevant industries.
- 620 million kilos of cereals were used for animal feed production and 430 million kilos for food production. 310 million kilos were used for other industrial production.
At the end of December 2014:
- Trade and industry stocks contained a combined total of 530 million kilos of cereals and a combined total of 10 million kilos of rape and turnip rape.
- The cereal stocks contained 190 million kilos of oats, 140 million kilos of barley, 140 million kilos of wheat and 50 million kilos of rye.
food industry, trade, oats, malting barley, barley, rape, feed barley, feed industry, rye, wheat