Statistics on cereals purchase and used by industry and trade, Q2 2014
During the crop year 1 July 2013 to 30 June 2014:
- Industry and traders purchased a total of 2.0 billion kilos of cereals and 60 million kilos of rape and turnip rape from farms.
- The amounts purchased from farms included 850 million kilos of barley, 590 million kilos of oats, 570 million kilos of wheat and 19 million kilos of rye.
- A total of 1.3 billion kilos of Finnish and imported cereals were used by relevant industries.
- 600 million kilos of cereals were used for animal feed production and 430 million kilos for food production. 310 million kilos were used for other industrial production.
At the end of June 2014:
- Trade and industry stocks contained a combined total of 450 million kilos of cereals and a combined total of 9 million kilos of rape and turnip rape.
- The cereal stocks contained 160 million kilos of barley, 130 million kilos of oats, 120 million kilos of wheat and 30 million kilos of rye.
food industry, trade, oats, malting barley, barley, rape, feed barley, feed industry, rye, wheat