Statistics on cereals purchased, used and stockpiled by industry and trade
During the year 2015 (change from previous year in brackets)
- Industry and traders purchased a total of 2.1 billion kilos (-7 %) of cereals and 58 million kilos (+40 %) of rape and turnip rape from farms.
- The amounts purchased from farms included 243 million kilos (-21 %) of bread wheat, 416 million kilos (+19 %) of feed wheat, 83 million kilos (+91 %) of rye, 168 million kilos (-8 %) of malting barley, 630 million kilos (-15 %) of feed barley and 554 million kilos (-10 %) of oats.
- A total of 1.4 billion kilos (+2 %) of Finnish and imported cereals were used by relevant industries.
- 654 million kilos of cereals (+6 %) were used for animal feed production, 425 million kilos (-1 %) for food production and 312 million kilos (0 %) for other industrial production.
At the end of year 2015 (change from previous year in brackets)
- Trade and industry stocks contained a combined total of 590 million kilos of cereals and a combined total of 23 million kilos of rape and turnip rape.
- The cereal stocks contained 197 million kilos of wheat (+35 %), 82 million kilos of rye (+58 %), 163 million kilos of barley (+14 %) and 148 million kilos of oats (-23 %).
The data of stocks 31.12.2015 is corrected 16.2.2016.
food industry trade oats malting barley barley rape feed barley feed industry rye wheat